“3S” stands for Speed, Stop, and Steering. Participants had better be proficient at all three if they hope to be competitive in this event segment. The 3S Challenge format is a side-by-side low-speed down and back course layout that features a 180-degree turnaround, slalom, and a stop box. Each “run” will be a total of the driver’s left side course time added to their right side course time, plus any accumulated penalties. The winner is determined by the fastest combined left side and right side run. All runs must be clean – any contact with course markers, cones, or stop box cones will result in a DNF.
REGISTRATION LIMITED TO FIRST 225 VEHICLES
3S Challenge Rules:
Update 2/22/2022: the Kumho V720 ACR tire has been excluded for use in competition. It will no longer be allowed in future Holley events. Any vehicles participating at the event with these tires installed will be automatically transitioned to an exhibition class and the times will not count towards points in Autocross or Grand Champion
The 3S Challenge is a side-by-side speed, steering, and stop competition. Each driver will run the left side, then the right side for a complete “run”. The fastest left side time and fastest right side time will be combined for an overall fast time. The lowest combined left side/right side time will determine the winner. Drivers must run both the left and right sides each time as directed by the starter and grid chief.
- Only the registered participant may drive the vehicle.
- All drivers will be required to sign a liability waiver. Passengers must be at least 18 years of age and will be required to sign the same liability waiver as the driver. No passengers allowed on the drag strip, or 3S Challenge.
- Only official wristbanded drivers may drive the vehicle.
- All competitors must have a current driver’s license.
- Each entrant will be issued a number, which must be clearly visible on the windshield, side windows, or rear window. White shoe polish is acceptable.
- Participants must use DOT-approved street tires. Tires will be required to pass a technical inspection at the track. Street tires are defined as any treaded, non-competition tire with a 200 treadwear rating or higher. No modifications to tires will be acceptable, including shaving. Any vehicle with tires showing any evidence of modification will be immediately disqualified from the event.
- Competitors must use a single set of tires for the entire event, no tire changing between events will be allowed. Tires will be marked during tech. Tire changes will be allowed in the event of a catastrophic failure, but replacements must be of the same manufacturer and model as those approved during tech inspection.
- Helmet use is required during all non-highway segments of the competition. The helmet must be approved automotive style with a Snell foundation sticker of SA2015 or later. Motorcycle helmets will not be approved.
- Participating cars must pass a basic safety inspection that will include but may not be limited to the following:
b. Proper brake pedal pressure and travel.
c. Sufficient throttle return spring and secured battery.
d. All lug nuts in place and tight.
e. Hubcaps/clip-on center caps are to be removed.
f. All loose items must be removed from the vehicle.
(Floor mats, things hanging from the rearview mirror, cassettes, CDs, and glove box, console, trunk items.)
- Each segment of the event will be timed to 0.00.00. The competitor with the most combined points is the winner. The fastest autocross time will break all ties.
- Race director and event management staff will have COMPLETE discretion to deny or remove from competition anyone in the event for any reason. All decisions are final.
- Each segment of the event will be timed to 0.00.00. There is no maximum number of runs. Winners will be the vehicles with the lowest time.
- Any cone moved out of its box or knocked down will be assessed a two-second penalty during the autocross. Any cones that are touched after the finish timers will result in a DNF of that run.
- A runoff between the quickest five vehicles may be held, time permitting. The fastest combined time of three laps will determine the winner.
- The autocross may be run rain or shine at the event organizer’s discretion.
Click here for Grand Champion rules!
* Event organizers reserve the right to change rules and class descriptions up to event time to promote fair and safe competition.
||$250 cash, Moparty embroidered Jacket, free Optima battery of their choice
||$150 Holley Product Certificate
||$75 Holley Product Certificate